What is WePay?
WePay is a payments processing website. They handle different transactions for a variety of merchants that use them as a platform partner.
As a group leader you will need to enable WePay to receive payments from attendees.
To Enable WePay, use the following steps:
- Access your profile by clicking “Menu” in the left-hand corner or your initial/photo in the right-hand corner
- At the bottom of your profile, you will see "WePay a chase company", click “Inactive” and that will change it to "Active"
- You will receive an email to verify your WePay account
- Access your email you have registered with and click “Verify” to be taken to WePay
- Your Username will default to your email address, enter a password
- Agree to the terms and conditions
Once you have completed the final step, you will be prompted to enter your information to set up your WePay account.
In the email you received from WePay, you are notified to verify your account through the email received. If you do not complete this step, your WePay account will be disabled within 14 days of receiving your first payment and any additional payments will be refunded back to your payers.
Once you confirm your email, make sure you log in and provide accurate identification information about yourself and your bank account. If you do not provide this information, WePay payments will refund all payments to your payers 30 days after you accept your first payment.
As a group leader, it is still your responsibility to pay the supplier